Sign up for our fun puppy training classes in Swansea
We’ll help you to ensure that your pup grows up to be a well rounded, well socialised member of the family. Puppies are a great addition to the family, but they are a lot of work and responsibility.
Our training course consists of 6 classes and lasts for 6 weeks. Puppy training classes are held at West Cross Community Centre, between Swansea and Mumbles. The classes will run for 6 weeks and the cost of the course is £60. There will be a £30 non refundable deposit on regsitration and the blance will be due when you attend the first class.
At On Cloud K9 we set you up to succeed. Because we want you and your pup get the one to one attention that you need, spaces in the training classes are strictly limited. We don’t want the pups to get over stimulated by the number of people and pups in too close a proximity. Your puppy will find it difficult to learn if they’re too excited, or are too nervous.
If your pup is very over stimulated in class, for the sake of your pup, and the other owners and pups, we reserve the right to ask you to attend private consultations instead of group classes, to help you manage the excitement and integrate the and your pup into the next set of puppy classes.Register for Puppy Classes
If you’re not comfortable taking your pup to training classes until he’s fully immune, or our puppy training classes are fully booked, you can still start training and bonding with your puppy. It’s important that your pup is well socialised before he is 3 months old, and then continues to meet unfamiliar people and dogs for at least the first year of life. Book a puppy consultation to discuss what you need to be doing with your puppy whilst you’re waiting to join a puppy class.
What will your puppy learn in training classes?
- I’ll show you how to train your puppy to give you attention the moment you call its name.
- You’ll train your puppy to respond to basic requests, such as ‘sit’, ‘lie’, ‘stand’, ‘stay’, even with distractions around.
- Nobody wants their dog dragging them down the road. You’ll train you puppy to walk nicely beside you, with the lead loose and to come to you when called.
- We’ll look at life skills such as impulse control.
- You’ll learn how to train your pup to do some tricks. This will make your pup feel very clever, give him confidence and body awareness and will get you hooked on trick training.
Why should you take your pup to puppy training classes?
- Your puppy will have the opportunity to socialise with other people and dogs.
- You will get to meet other dog owners.
- You’ll get to meet more puppies!
- Your puppy will have lots of distractions when he’s learning, but importantly, it will be within a controlled environment.
- Puppy classes give you an excuse to train.
- You and your family will learn the quickest and kindest training methods to achieve the results that you want.
Why should you take your pup to On Cloud K9 puppy training classes?
- I use positive methods with the pups. I believe in rewarding good or wanted behaviour with lots of good things, in order to increase the good behaviour. Initially the ‘good things’ are lots of tasty (but small!) treats. When I get to know your puppy, we may decide between us that a toy might be a better motivator. When you’ve bonded with your puppy their best reward ever will be lots of attention from you.
- I don’t use any force. There’s no pushing on the dog’s body to get him to sit or lie down, no jerking on the lead to get your dog to walk with you.
- All members of your family are welcome to come to the training class.
- I give detailed notes so you don’t have to worry about trying to remember everything that we did in classes and also members of the family that weren’t able to attend the training session will find the notes easy to follow.
- I give homework.
- I’m studying with the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers, who educate trainers to provide proven, ethical and science based dog training and education.
- I’m a big fan of Dr Ian Dunbar who is a accredited with having set up the first puppy classes back in the 1980s. Until then, it was widely assumed that dogs weren’t capable of learning until they were much, much older. Ian Dunbar was way before his time when he set up the puppy training classes Even then he adopted kind and positive training techniques when training dogs. I’ve read loads of what Ian Dunbar has written and done (or have signed up for) many of his workshops.
On Cloud K9 Puppy Classes are…
What people are saying about puppy classes
Completely reformed pup!
We can’t recommend this class enough! We came out with a completely reformed pup! Emma puts so much effort in and saved me so many times with things I wasn’t sure on and any advice. Our pup is much more obedient now and our bond is much stronger. Thank you so much Emma!
‘Puppy owner’ training classes
Fantastic puppy training classes, or ‘puppy owner training classes’ as Emma also refers to them! Emma has been brilliant with our super energetic, nervous and challenging chihuahua pup Sammy, who over the course of the 6-week classes has learned so much (as have we)! We will be continuing one to one sessions with her now that Sammy has graduated his first round of puppy classes
Definitely recommend Emma’s puppy classes. She is a patient and interactive trainer, taking time for each member of the class and individually helping each owner. There was no ‘one size fits all’ attitude and she made sure each owner and pup was learning at their own pace. Positive reinforcement is the training method used, which is another massive incentive to use Emma.
Sound foundation for puppy owners
My puppy and I have just completed a 6 week puppy course with Emma
I found Emma and Claire very approachable and friendly
The sessions were clearly planned, the aims of each session were clear and sessions were timed appropriately and fun.
Many useful tips and games were given that I will continue to use.
I thought that the sessions were a sound foundation for new puppy owners