Are you thinking of getting a puppy? Book your puppy consultation before you bring your new puppy home
Don’t bring a new puppy into the house, stick him in a crate on the first night and expect him to be a happy pup. If you want your puppy’s first few days with you to be the positive experience that it needs to be, you need to be prepared.
Don’t expect him not to use your carpet as a toilet!
Don’t expect him not to chew on you, the furniture, wires and anything else he can get his mouth on.
Make sure you know what to expect with your new puppy and how to avoid the most common mistakes.
Depending on how old your puppy is when you get him, it’s likely that at best you have 4 weeks in which to introduce him to as many situations as possible that he’s likely to experience in his life, in order that he’ll grow up to be a well socialised, well behaved dog.Book Your Puppy Consultation Now!
If you already have a pup and are experiencing problems, we can still help with a puppy consultation. We also offer puppy training classes where your new puppy can meet and socialise with other dogs and owners, whilst learning how to be a friendly companion and a valued member of the family.
What can we help you with?
- Crate training.
- Inappropriate chewing.
- House training/toiletting issues.
- Puppy proofing your house.
- Bonding with your new puppy.
Why book a new puppy consultation with On Cloud K9?
- Prevention is better than cure. I can show you how to avoid common issues. If you’re already experiencing inappropriate or unwanted puppy behaviour, I can help you deal with this.
- I use modern, scientific, force free methods.
- I’m a big fan of Dr Ian Dunbar, behaviourist and author of numerous books and DVDs about puppy development and behaviour. I’ve read his books and studied his online courses.
- I use positive methods with the puppies. I believe in rewarding good or wanted behaviour with lots of good things, in order to increase the good behaviour.
- I use positive methods to help the puppy associate his crate, his name and you with good things.
- I’m studying with the Institute of Modern Dog Trainers, who educate trainers to provide proven, ethical and science based dog training and education.
- Blue Anchor
- Copper Quarter
- Crymlyn Burrows
- Derwen Fawr
- Jersey Marine
- Maritime Quarter
- Mount Pleasant
- North Gower
- Port Tennant
- South Gower
- St. Thomas
- Swansea City Centre
- Three Crosses
- Waun Wen
- West Cross
- Winch Wen